OMA Annual Conference
Call for Session Proposals
Session proposals are being accepted until 10/17/16.
Click here to download a Session Proposal Form
The one thing constant is change. With our world growing more complex every day, change within museums isn’t just inevitable, it’s necessary to remain critical, meaningful and relevant to our communities.
Across Ohio, museums are using this idea to transform their institutions – paving the way with innovative programming and ideas, audience engagement, sustainability, collections care and more – to enhance and support their mission and better serve their community.
With the wealth of innovation happening in Ohio museums comes the opportunity for us to share knowledge- what’s worked, what didn’t, and what we learned from it all.
Join us in Toledo, April 2nd and 3rd as we explore these topics and more at the 2017 Ohio Museums Association’s Annual Conference, Transforming Museums: Secrets to Success
OMA is looking for innovative and engaging sessions that will create an interactive experience for our conference attendees.
Send in a proposal for a session that you would like to attend!
Submit your session proposal now for the 2017 annual conference of the Ohio Museums Association as we share the secrets to success in Ohio museums. We’re seeking session proposals that will foster dynamic conversations around:
- Laying the foundation for change – How to navigate the world of tax credits, local levies, grants and more.
- In the midst of change – How do you pitch change to your stakeholders? How do you create buy-in and address the needs of your community when implementing necessary change?
- In the wake of change– after a big transformation, either internally or externally, what comes next? How do you keep the momentum going?
- Transformation within– Committing to change isn’t always easy (or comfortable). How does your institution navigate change? How can we best support colleagues at all levels during times of tough transformation?
- Secrets to success – How and why programs/policies/exhibits, etc. became successful, and how these programs can work for other museums.
- Un-success stories – Lessons learned, and how to bounce back from a less-than-successful venture.
Proposals can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent through US Post to:
Ohio Museums Association
800 e. 17th Ave., Columbus, OH 43211
OMA reserves the right to evaluate all proposals and to schedule those that accomplish the goal of a balanced program.
Submission deadline is October 17, 2016.
Do you want to promote your business and services to the Ohio museum community, all while supporting the Ohio Museums Association?
Visit our Vendor page for exciting opportunities and to get more information on how to advertise with OMA!
2017 Student Scholarships
Coming soon for 2017!
Coming soon for 2017!
Conference Agenda and Registration Form
Coming soon for 2017!
Submit your registration fees online using your credit card with OMA’s secure PayPal option!
The Ohio Museums Association has joined with PayPal, one of the most safe and secure internet payment options, to allow participants to pay for OMA Conference Registrations using their credit cards! There is no extra fee to use PayPal. You don”t even need a PayPal account!
To use the PayPal Option for your OMA Conference Registrations:
- Fill out the registration form and select credit card as the payment option.
- Email the registration form to email@example.com or mail through the US Post as usual.
- Click on the appropriate button below to begin the payment process.
*If you are registering for more than one event, you will need to update your “shopping cart” to reflect the number of events you wish to submit.
OMA is a certified PayPal participant
SAMPLE 2017 Registration Fees – Early Bird Rates
Early Bird Rates good through February 20, 2017
Full Conference Registration, Member ($155.00) Full registration includes Sunday museum tour, Sunday evening dinner, Monday breakfast, Monday luncheon and all Monday sessions.
Monday Day Registration, Member ($115.00) Registration includes breakfast, lunch and daytime conference events.
Monday Day Registration, Non-Member ($140.00) Registration includes breakfast, lunch and daytime conference events.
Monday Day Student Registration ($35.00) Student ID required. Does not include meals.
Single Event Registration
Sunday Awards Dinner ($50.00) Ticket also includes Sunday afternoon museum tours.
Monday Breakfast ($12.00)
Monday Keynote Luncheon ($25.00)
Looking for OMA 2016 Information?
Thank you to all of the attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, tour locations, donors, volunteers and board members who helped make OMA 2016- Advocacy Builds Capital – a success!
Be sure to visit the 2016 Conference Resource Page for session downloads, 2016 conference event pictures, and more!
This page is updated regularly.