Ohio Museums Association Workshops
Ohio C2C Sustainable Preservation Practices Workshop Resources
The Ohio Connecting to Collections Partners thank those who joined us for the Ohio C2C Sustainable Preservation Practices workshop, October 22, 2014 at the State Library of Ohio. See below for links to some of the resources we discussed during our session!
- Sustainable Preservation Practices: PowerPoint Presentation by Jeremy Linden
- Image Permanence Institute’s Sustainable Preservation Practices Resources
OMA Mold Prevention and Mitigation Workshop Resources
Thank you to those who joined us for OMA’s Put Mold on Hold in Exhibits and Storage workshop, September 8, 2014, presented by ICA-Art Conservation at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. See below for links to some of the resources we discussed during our session!
OMA Disaster Planning Workshop
- Disaster Planning Redux: OMA Workshop PowerPoint Presentation
- Disaster Planning Documents & Resources Online
- Disaster Response Kit – From the University of Hawaii
- Developing a Disaster Plan – From the American Alliance of Museums
- Guidelines for Disaster Preparedness in Museums – From the International Council Of Museums
- Climate Change: Long Term Trends, and their Implications for Emergency Management – From FEMA
- Resources from WESTPAS
- U.S. Geological Survey Natural Hazards Science Strategy – From USGS
Museums Uncovered: Meeting Colleagues and Sharing Ideas
This series of programs offers Ohio museum professionals the opportunity to gather, discuss and learn about other museums in Ohio. Each program features a “behind-the-scenes” event focusing on an important issue. If your museum is doing something innovative or has had to tackle a problem that you would like to share, please let OMA know. We will do our best to schedule a Museums Uncovered program at your museum.