Ohio Museums Association Workshops
Join OMA & Walsh University for our Fall EMP & Student Workshop!
Are you a student looking to put yourself on the museum job market? Or, maybe you are an Emerging Museum Professional who wants to make your resume as strong as possible for the next step in your museum career?
Whether you are applying for your first museum job or your fiftieth, get inside knowledge from industry experts to give you an edge!
Get information on how to best utilize USA Jobs for desirable federal museum positions, resume tips and tricks (and dos and don’ts), what museum HR departments are really looking for, and how to make yourself the strongest possible candidate!
After the presentations, an extended Q&A session with our panel will give you time to ask your in-depth resume and application questions.
Light refreshments will be provided.
When: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Where: Walsh University – Birk Center for the Arts, 2020 East Maple St., North Canton, OH 44720
Click to download the Workshop Registration Form, and mail or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
800 E. 17th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43211
Registration deadline: September 28, 2016
Workshop sponsored by:
Workshop Registration Fees
OMA Becoming the Strongest Possible Grant Candidate Workshop Resources
Thank you to those who joined us for OMA’s Becoming the Strongest Possible Grant Candidate workshop, September 19, 2016 at the Ohio History Center. See below for the presentations and handouts we viewed during our session!
- Ohio Arts Council Snapshot
- Ohio Arts Council Grantwriting Tip Sheet
- Ohio History Fund Information Handout
- Ohio Humanities Grant Guideline Handout
OMA Funding for Conservation & Preservation Projects Workshop Resources
Thank you to those who joined us for OMA’s Funding for Conservation and Preservation Projects workshop, July 11, 2016, presented by ICA-Art Conservation at Malabar Farm. See below for the presentation we viewed during our session!
Ohio C2C Sustainable Preservation Practices Workshop Resources
The Ohio Connecting to Collections Partners thank those who joined us for the Ohio C2C Sustainable Preservation Practices workshop, October 22, 2014 at the State Library of Ohio. See below for links to some of the resources we discussed during our session!
- Sustainable Preservation Practices: PowerPoint Presentation by Jeremy Linden
- Image Permanence Institute’s Sustainable Preservation Practices Resources
OMA Mold Prevention and Mitigation Workshop Resources
Thank you to those who joined us for OMA’s Put Mold on Hold in Exhibits and Storage workshop, September 8, 2014, presented by ICA-Art Conservation at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. See below for links to some of the resources we discussed during our session!
OMA Disaster Planning Workshop
- Disaster Planning Redux: OMA Workshop PowerPoint Presentation
- Disaster Planning Documents & Resources Online
- Disaster Response Kit – From the University of Hawaii
- Developing a Disaster Plan – From the American Alliance of Museums
- Guidelines for Disaster Preparedness in Museums – From the International Council Of Museums
- Climate Change: Long Term Trends, and their Implications for Emergency Management – From FEMA
- Resources from WESTPAS
- U.S. Geological Survey Natural Hazards Science Strategy – From USGS
Museums Uncovered: Meeting Colleagues and Sharing Ideas
This series of programs offers Ohio museum professionals the opportunity to gather, discuss and learn about other museums in Ohio. Each program features a “behind-the-scenes” event focusing on an important issue. If your museum is doing something innovative or has had to tackle a problem that you would like to share, please let OMA know. We will do our best to schedule a Museums Uncovered program at your museum.