#CelebrateOhioArts with OMA and POBA this November
Join OMA and POBA this month as we share, display and promote the cultural richness and diversity of Ohio to our fellow Ohioans and beyond with #CelebrateOhioArts!
This November, we are celebrating Ohio museums and artists in an exciting, month-long campaign. Through #CelebrateOhioArts and #OhioMuseums, all participating members will be able to enjoy and share a terrific campaign to highlight, display and promote the cultural richness and diversity of Ohio to our fellow Ohioans and a wide national audience. Created specifically for Ohio in partnership with POBA | Where the Arts Live, a nonprofit dedicated to keeping creative legacies alive, #CelebrateOhioArts is an outgrowth of POBA’s longstanding partnership with the Ohio Arts Council, also co-supporting this campaign.
Promotions and PR help
#CelebrateOhioArts will offer each participating institution comprehensive social media and online promotions as well as traditional PR support for their submissions to this program. Participating museums will nominate 1-3 artists represented in their collections who will then be:
- Featured in blog posts and on social media by OMA, POBA, and participating museums
- Featured in online display through POBA that will last well beyond the month of November. POBA will promote these displays to bring continued attention to Ohio’s great heritage.
Participating is easy!
- Identify up to three works from your collection from deceased Ohio artist(s).
- Send POBA images, clips, and/or recordings of your three chosen works – [email protected].
- Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin to post images by each of your nominated artists and/or pieces using the tags #CelebrateOhioArts and #OhioMuseums.
- Not sure where to start your posts? Use our handy templates below!
- Be sure to tag @OhioMuseums and @POBAWhereArtsLive in your posts so we can share them too!
- Does your museum have a blog? Use the blog template to announce and introduce your artist/piece nominees one by one throughout November.
OMA and POBA have several resources available to make participating in this month-long initiative easy! Click here for complete #CelebrateOhioArts resources!