Air Force Museum Foundation seeks an Annual Giving Officer.
The Air Force Museum Foundation seeks a strategic Annual Giving Officer (AGO) to support its fundraising efforts. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic, and entrepreneurial team that will work with senior leadership to chart the philanthropic future of the Museum and Foundation.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and serving as a vital Development team member, the AGO plays a crucial role in cultivating and sustaining relationships with donors to support the Air Force Museum Foundation's mission. The successful candidate will be adept at running an appeal-based annual program, be skilled in developing and managing a direct mail program for donor acquisitions and have experience using in-person and digital events to cultivate and strengthen donor relationships.
Annual Giving Program:
- Develop and implement an effective appeal-based annual giving program to drive financial support for the organization generating $1+ million annually.
- Manage a portfolio of25-50 leadership donors.
- Design and execute targeted campaigns to solicit donations from various donor segments.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of annual giving initiatives, making data-driven adjustments for continuous improvement.
Direct Mail Program:
- Establish and manage a regular direct mail program for donor acquisition and retention.
- Create compelling and personalized direct mail campaigns to engage donors and showcase the impact of their contributions.
- Implement strategies to expand the donor base through direct mail initiatives.
Tribute and Legacy Programs:
- Oversee and manage existing tribute programs, such as the Legacy Wall of Honor.
- Collaborate with donors to develop and enhance tribute programs, including the creation of new initiatives.
- Ensure accurate and meaningful recognition of donors within tribute programs.
Events: Utilize events as opportunities to steward and cultivate relationships with current and potential donors.
The successful candidate will have the strong organizational, relationship, collaboration, and oral and written communication skills necessary to relay the Air Force Museum Foundation's mission effectively, and to secure annual gifts.
Other qualifications and experience:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 3-5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in running, and growing an appeal-based annual giving program.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience in developing and managing direct mail programs.
- Savvy professional with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience stewarding high-level donors.
- Strong analytical database experience focused on finding potential donors (Blackbaud NXT).
- Proven experience in organizing and executing successful events.
The ideal candidate for the Annual Giving Officer position will possess a unique blend of strategic thinking, technical expertise, collaboration skills, and a passion for advancing the mission of the organization through innovative and sustainable fundraising practices.
Location: The Museum/Foundation are located in Dayton, Ohio. This position is eligible for hybrid work. Remote candidates will be considered.
Required travel: Some local, regional and national travel is required. May occasionally be required to work during the evening and on weekends for on- and off-site Foundation activities.
Equal-opportunity Employer: The Air Force Museum Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and professional development.
DRiWaterstonehas been exclusively retained for this engagement. All first-round interviews for this position will take place via video conference with DRiWaterstone.
Salary range: $70,000 Eligible for incentive bonus based on performance.
Job classification: Full-time
To apply: Visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/position/annual-giving-officer-air-force-museum-foundation/.
Posted: January 12, 2024