The Dawes Arboretum seeks an Advancement Manager, Major Gifts.
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want to leave a lasting positive impact on your community? Then come be a part of our growing Advancement team at The Dawes Arboretum! We are actively recruiting for a full-time Major Gifts Manager.
Your purpose is to lead a skilled and dynamic team who is responsible for developing and nurturing relationships with members and donors. You will champion our mission by identifying, cultivating, and strengthening relationships while presenting opportunities to invest in The Arboretum.
Some of the specific responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Plan and manage The Arboretum’s major giving and membership programs.
- Identify, research and solicit major gift donor prospects.
- Cultivate major gift prospects, investing the necessary time and energy to build relationships designed to understand the donor/prospect goals with the expressed purpose of alignment with The Arboretum’s mission and objectives.
- Develop stewardship strategies that continue the major gift relationship for future gifts and planned giving opportunities.
- Track and assess monthly, quarterly and/or annual major gift fundraising plans, donor solicitations identification, cultivation, campaigns and stewardship efforts.
- Oversee and lead the donor services and membership program staff. Perform routine personnel functions for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity and achieving objectives within budget.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors and ensure compliance with code of ethics principals and standards of professional conduct of fundraisers.
If the above speaks to you, please submit your cover letter and resume demonstrating the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience in a non-profit advancement function; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of demonstrated leadership experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) with demonstrated orientation toward quality customer service.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and exceptional relationship building skills. Ability to influence, work pro-actively and effectively to build consensus among cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work under pressure, balance competing priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a propensity towards action.
Organizational Culture: At The Dawes Arboretum our staff members are dedicated team players, determined problem solvers, and resourceful stewards who are committed to an atmosphere of respectful, honest and open communication. Our work environment is one of high energy, high activity and mutual support. We provide opportunities for learning and professional development, and a gratifying work experience.
The compensation range for this position is $60,000 - $75,000
The Dawes Arboretum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions at The Arboretum will be made without regard or consideration of an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other protected status. The Dawes Arboretum values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Salary range: $60,000 - $75,000
Job classification: Full-time, salary
To apply: To apply, please visit: https://j.brt.mv/jb.do?reqGK=27712909&refresh=true. Deadline to apply is November 14, 2023. For more information, visit www.dawesarb.org.
Posted: September 15, 2023
Deadline: November 14, 2023