The Dawes Arboretum seeks a Seasonal History Assistant.
The Dawes Arboretum is hiring seasonal help to assist with historical interpretation including museum tours, gallery attendant and front-facing educational activities. The Daweswood House Museum is an historic house museum that tells the lives of co-founders Beman and Bertie Dawes. The History Center is exhibit space that showcases Arboretum history that changes yearly.
- Lead tours of the Daweswood House Museum.
- Staff and monitor History Center exhibit space.
- Lead engagement opportunities including pop-up programs.
- Assist with programs, archival inventory, relocation and photography of historical objects as needed.
- High school diploma/general education degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- An understanding and appreciation for public history.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and interpersonal) for confident public speaking.
- Ability to work weekends and some holidays.
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
- June 3 through October 19 (400 hours for 20 weeks)
- Wednesday through Sunday, 11:30 am-3:30 pm
Salary range: $15/hour
Job classification: hourly, part-time, seasonal
To apply: To apply directly, please visit: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27696213&refresh=true. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interview
Posted: March 16, 2023