Dayton Art Institute seeks an Event (Catering) Houseperson.
The Dayton Art Institute seeks an Event (Catering) Houseperson to set-up and breakdown all spaces associated with internal and external events. The Houseperson is also responsible for maintaining inventory and upkeep of equipment and supplies and the cleanliness and sanitation of the rental spaces in accordance with the museum’s “Photo-Ready” standards. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time, able to work independently, and follow the museum’s standards for safety and conduct. This is a full-time position with a starting rate of $15.00/hour. Applicants must be available to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
The Dayton Art Institute aspires to develop, promote, and sustain an organizational culture and reputation in the communities that we serve as an organization that values, nurtures and leverages inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in all that we do.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One-year banquet or convention services experience or other closely related field preferred.
- Competence in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to use two-way radio; read, comprehend, and decipher floor plans, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos using museum issued iPad.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time on hard surfaces.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and frequently lift and/or move up to 75- 100 pounds (assisted).
- Knowledge of American Sign Language; fluent in Spanish or other language(s) desired.
Salary range: $15.00/hour
Job classification: Full-time
To apply: Click the link to apply: https://jobapply.page.link/4d6C. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume. Please note that incomplete application materials may not receive full consideration for the position.
Posted: April 20, 2021
Deadline: May 20,2021