Franklin Park Conservatory & Botanical Garden seeks an Exhibitions Developer.
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a Full-Time Exhibition Developer. The Exhibition Developer brings exhibitions out of idea phase and transforms them into concept designs and plans, in addition to drafting labels and didactic materials. The role coordinates and performs tasks connected with designing, fabricating, and installing exhibitions, and collaborates with builders, engineers, and contractors across a full range of exhibit projects.
- Works closely with Exhibitions Manager to create concepts and design layouts for exhibitions, by sketching, illustrating, or by making models, etc.. Produces design drawings and detailed construction notes.
- Explores new and creative ways to interact with visitors through displays and new media platforms, which improve opportunities for learning and engagement.
- Assists with the fabrication of newly introduced display items.
- Adheres to strict design and electrical guidelines for the annual Conservatory Aglow exhibition to ensure properly functioning lights and displays. Identifies the quality control guidelines to ensure a beautiful and successful exhibition.
- Researches and drafts text and materials for exhibit-based interpretation that could include signage, gallery guides, wall text, labels, website content, and catalogues.
- Participates with the Exhibition Design and Implantation Team and takes detailed notes and produces minutes from the meetings.
- Receives, distributes, and responds to exhibition proposals. Maintains a database of exhibition proposals for easy access to review ideas at any time.
- Gives guided group tours, does media spots, and participates in visitor interaction programs as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned and demonstrates focus on serving the visitors and guests of Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
- Associates of Arts degree required, BA or BFA preferred.
- Minimum one year of museum or gallery installation experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills resulting in improved communication within the exhibition development group and all Franklin Park Conservatory staff.
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person resulting in well served and satisfied customers.
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills resulting in accurate curatorial records, departmental documentation and exhibition management.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary.
- Ability to handle and balance substantial research and administrative detail and a wide variety of related tasks.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision is essential.
- Work is performed in a variety of locations ranging from outdoors, in an office environment, in a gallery setting, and in a warehouse. Must have ability to lift boxes or items weighing up to 30 pounds and able to move tables, chairs, pedestals and other items needed for meetings, events, exhibition installations, and similar functions.
- Ability to handle a variety of art mediums.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility with a variety of tasks.
- Demonstrates the core values and mission of the Conservatory.
- Salary range: $14.00-$14.50
Job classification: Full-time, hourly
To apply: https://fpconservatory.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/e1a63b33-6258-9d12-e339-0244760e4fb5/apply?source=1070864-CS-33718. For more information, visit https://www.fpconservatory.org/about-us/careers/.
Posted: July 1, 2019