Holden Forests & Gardens seeks a Development Assistant – seasonal.
Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It is comprised of two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus located in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus located in Kirtland.
We are seeking a part time seasonal Development Assistant to join our team. Located at the Cleveland Botanical Garden campus, the Development Assistant is primarily responsible for onsite membership sales, processing gifts at both campuses, generating membership cards and donor acknowledgement letters, and providing superior customer service to current and prospective donors.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Provide customer service to current and prospective members onsite and through phone and email communications
- Promote and sell memberships
- Generate, print, and mail membership cards and donor acknowledgement letters, as well as any other fulfillment-related letters (replacement cards, staff memberships, etc.)
- Assist with database cleanliness, editing constituent records when applicable.
- Provide membership assistance during regular hours of operation
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of office experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, basic data entry.
- 1+ years of experience working in databases (Altru preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required to be covered on Holden Forests & Garden’s vehicle insurance policy
- Must pass a criminal background check, credit and substance screening
- Must be able work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends
- April through October (Flexible starting & ending dates)
- Part time 20-25 hours per week
- Candidates with no or minimal experience start at $8.55
- Candidates with relevant experience could start at $12.00
Salary Range: $8.55-$12.00 an hour
Job Classification: Part-time, Seasonal
To Apply: Review of applications with begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=db704977-d8c5-4be2-a36a-23f4002eddc0&jobId=51191&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
This position will be employed through a staffing agency service.
Holden Forests & Gardens (Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We seek skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost arboreta.
Posted: April 1, 2019