Holden Forests & Gardens seeks a Hershey Children's Garden Coordinator.
Holden Forests & Gardens is comprised of two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus located in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus located in Kirtland. We are seeking a Hershey Children’s Garden Coordinator to join our team. Located at the Cleveland Botanical Garden campus, the HCG Coordinator is responsible for the Garden’s educational programming and support resources including program-centered horticultural features, displays, and hands-on activities.
- Plan, supervise, and execute ongoing and special HCG educational programs including creation, coordination, implementation and evaluation.
- Generate reports, summaries and recommendations to ensure program quality and to assist with future program planning.
- Plan and implement temporary and seasonal changes to the HCG including educational areas, play spaces, interpretive elements, program horticulture areas and decorative displays.
- Coordinate with facilities, horticulture and exhibition teams on routine maintenance, upgrades, and capital projects that impact the HCG guest experience and program environment.
- Instruct childrens' programs through the class schedule.
- Perform daily safety inspections of all HCG guest areas and structures.
- Create daily HCG visitor information materials and other educational and informational material in coordination with the Marketing department.
- Oversee and maintain the onsite Honey Bee hive and associated programming.
- Coordinate the Affiliate Garden Club Planter Project.
- Assist Manager of Family Engagement in annual program budgeting and ensure that approved budget allocations are monitored and managed effectively.
- Provide daily supervision of seasonal staff for HCG.
- In cooperation with Volunteer Manager and direct supervisor, train, schedule and provide daily supervision of HCG volunteers.
- Assist with other Education department and organizational functions as required.
- Provide support for other family engagement programs, special exhibitions, and special events during the HCG off-season and at other times as assigned.
- Seek professional development opportunities to stay current in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in education, horticulture, biology, natural sciences or related field.
- Experience in formal or informal education or equivalent setting with an emphasis on early childhood or youth education; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Horticulture/gardening experience preferred.
- Experience and enthusiasm for engaging the public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must pass a criminal background and substance test
- Must have a driving record in good standing
- Must be able work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends
Salary range: $32-$40K
Job Classification: Full-time
To apply: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a résumé with salary requirements online to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=db704977-d8c5-4be2-a36a-23f4002eddc0&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=52804&source=CC3&lang=en_US. Deadline for applications: July 30, 2019. Holden Forests & Gardens is an equal opportunity, ADA employer and a drug-free workplace
Posted: June 20, 2019
Deadline: July 30, 2019