Holden Forests & Gardens seeks a Seasonal Worker - Guest Services Representative (arboretum).
Holden Forests & Gardens is recruiting for Guest Services Representative seasonal workers. Guest Services Representative seasonal worker performs high quality customer service; housekeeping and set-up duties; receives guests at the Corning Visitor Center (CVC); promotes membership and provides information and support for featured and upcoming attractions, classes, activities and seasonal programming; Provides customer service at the information desk, gatehouse and special events.
Performs other activities as required. This position requires a flexible schedule which may include evening and weekend work.
- Guest Services Manager
- Guest Services Representative(s)
- Works with Volunteers
- The Holden Arboretum – Kirtland, Ohio – less than 30 miles east of Cleveland.
- Encompassing more than 3,600 acres of cultivated gardens, woody plant collections and natural forested areas
- Holden Forests & Gardens is 12th largest public garden in the U.S. It is comprised of two campuses, Holden Arboretum and Cleveland Botanical Garden.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Performs housekeeping and set-up/tear-down for meetings, classes and events
- Greets new guests and provides them with an overview of property and provide reorientation for returning visitors
- Answers telephone calls and assists with questions regarding classes, memberships, special events, natural history, horticulture, Holden history, and directions
- Prepares and handles registrations and payments for admissions, memberships, class fees and Treehouse store merchandise
- Responsible for point-of-sale register reconciliations and closing procedures
- Provides clerical support as needed
- Ability to learn point of sale system
- Assists with special events and programs
- Provides prompt and courteous services to guests
- Promotes Holden’s mission by assisting customers and answering questions on natural history, horticulture, history of Holden, directions
- Greets guests upon their arrival and ensures that they feel welcomed into the facility
- Troubleshoots problems, manages customer concerns, communicates effectively and provides prompt follow-up
- Performs other activities as required
- Restocks brochures and other material within CVC
- Provides clerical support for the gift shop and library
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with the general public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer experience in a Windows environment using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to effectively solve medium to complex problems
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to understand basic instructions using the English language
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required to be covered on Holden Forests & Garden’s vehicle insurance policy
- Must pass a criminal background check, credit and substance screening
Must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Effective vision and hearing
- Hand and arm dexterity
- Walk and work on wet, uneven, slippery terrain
- Regular lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs
- Kneeling, bending, stooping, grabbing and reaching
- Perform required tasks in all weather conditions
- Ability to a flexible schedule that includes weekends and some nights.
- Late March through October
- Seven days per week operation
- Full time or part time
- Approximately 25– 40 hours per week
- Candidates start at $9.00 hourly (Non-exempt)
Salary Range: $9.00
Job Classification: Hourly, Seasonal, Temporary
To apply: Review of applications with begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a resume online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=db704977-d8c5-4be2-a36a-23f4002eddc0&jobId=50250&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
This position will be employed through a staffing agency service. Deadline to apply: April 12, 2019.
Holden Forests & Gardens (Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We seek skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost arboreta.
Posted: February 12, 2019
Deadline: April 12, 2019