International Women's Air & Space Museum seeks an Operations Manager.
The International Women’s Air & Space Museum (IWASM) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to collect, preserve, and showcase the history and culture of women in all areas of aviation and aerospace; educate people of the world about their contributions; and inspire future generations by bringing the history to life. IWASM is located in the Burke Lakefront Airport in downtown Cleveland, OH. The 250-plus member organization has one full-time employee, two part-time employees, and numerous dedicated interns and volunteers. The organization participates in many projects including its annual Wings of Women STEM Conference, Corks on the Concourse, hosting evening public programs as well as participating in traveling community programs.
Position Summary: The organization seeks an Operations Manager whose primary responsibilities are divided between communications, development, and education. Communications includes managing the museum’s social media, website, print, and electronic communication platforms. Development includes preparing membership renewals, coordinating with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees on major campaigns, and general member relations. Education includes collaborating with volunteers and fellow staff on k-12+ children’s programming and events in adherence to the IWASM strategic and interpretive plans. This person will be a front-line employee and must be able to embody the community-oriented mission of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and cultivate IWASM’s membership through tracking, personalized renewals, acknowledgements, recruiting, and cultivation record-keeping, and specialized communications.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, create and execute museum marketing plan.
- Generate draft press releases, curate the monthly IWASM eNews, bi-annual calendars and develop with fellow staff and the Board of Trustees, all annual reports.
- Assist in creating and sending emails for programs, special events, and other information in collaboration with Executive Director.
- Participate in event facilitation, including logistical planning, display of IWASM’s publicity materials, evaluation, and recording attendance for potential membership cultivation.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees on special fundraising campaigns, including prospect research, solicitation, gift and pledge tracking, acknowledgement, goal achievement.
- Organize and lead children’s (k-12+) programs for schools, day camps, and scouts.
- Work with Executive Director to maintain an accurate online and in-store gift shop inventory.
- Minimum of an undergraduate college degree and three years working in a similar professional field, such as a historic site or museum, non-profit, or member-based organization.
- Experience or familiarity with State of Ohio Educational and National Educational Standards for Science, English-Language Arts, and Social Studies.
- Experience with member or donor relations and tracking such relations through software including keeping records and coding for specialized lists and mailings (Microsoft Access, PastPerfect, or other similar database).
- Able to work some evening and weekends, including Labor Day weekend for the Cleveland Air Show and our annual fundraising Corks on the Concourse event.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Energetic, personable, courteous, and professional when serving visitors and the community.
- Proficient with word processor and spreadsheets (including mail merge), and slide display software.
- Experience with managing social media platforms for business and/or museums.
- Proven track record of project management, event, and program development.
- Be a team player while completing projects in a timely and professional manner despite interruptions.
- Have a high attention to detail that requires minimal oversight and correction.
- Maintain detailed schedules in regards to communications and events.
- Be open to suggestions and actively strive for best practices in the museum and non-profit fields.
- Experience with graphic design and marketing platforms (social media, Canva, Wordpress, Wix or comparable websites, Constant Contact, Microsoft Publisher, etc.).
- Intern and volunteer training and supervision experience. · Coordinating an annual fundraiser mailing campaign.
- Advanced training or certification in related fields (fundraising, management, volunteer coordination, interpretive planning, etc.).
- Familiarity with bulk mailings and postal regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with program and digital engagement data evaluation.
Reporting: This position reports to and works closely with the Executive Director.
Salary range: $12.00-13.00/hr; 30-35 hours per week, commensurate with experience.
Job classification: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
To apply: Interested individuals must submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references to Executive Director, Sara Fisher at [email protected]. Email subject line must read “IWASM Operations Manager Application.” Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm EDT on May 14, 2021. No phone calls or mailed applications will be accepted.
For more information, visit https://iwasm.org/wp-blog/support/career-internship-opportunities/. The IWASM is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Posted: April 20, 2021
Deadline: May 14, 2021