Kelton House Museum and Garden and the Junior League seeks an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Kelton House and administrative needs of the Junior League of Columbus (JLC). Specific areas of responsibility include assistance with income tracking/accounting, memberships, and administrative support for staffing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Kelton House (Approximately (75% total of responsibilities)
Human Resource & Administrative (70%)
- Overseeing staffing and scheduling of Kelton House Museum staff and volunteers
- Assigning jobs to staff as needed
- Assisting in preparation of budget and expenses
- Processing of both JLC and Kelton House accounts payable and receivable, providing monthly reconciliation support in conjunction with JLC treasurer and accountant
- Maintaining office records, presentations, memorandums and correspondence for Kelton House and Junior League
- Monitoring office operations and serving as the go-to for the office inquiries and conflicts
- Tracking and inventory of office supplies
- Assist with membership databases, renewals, and thank you letters
- Assist with copy and mailings for organizations
House Programs/ Marketing/ Communications (20%)
- Assist with monthly newsletter
- Assist with program and event marketing, press releases, social media posts
House Public Relations (10%)
- Assist with communications and follow up for sustainer member dues
- Support efforts related to the Clearinghouse Newsletter
- Oversee weekly JLC Newsletter
- Edit and proofread JLC Communications
- Work on special projects as assigned by Junior League President
- Some lifting (up to 30 lbs.) sitting and standing for long periods
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Good keyboard and Microsoft Word/Excel competence
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Flexibility in taking on varied tasks, often on short notice.
- Ability to work evenings from time to time
- College degree preferred
- Previous administrative assistance/ non-profit experience preferred
Salary range: $17-$18 hr
Job classification: Hourly, part-time
To apply: Send resume to [email protected]. Deadline for applications is November 28, 2023. For more information, visit www.keltonhouse.com.
Posted: November 15, 2023
Deadline: November 28, 2023