National Museum of the Great Lakes seeks an Education Assistant.
The National Museum of the Great Lakes seeks an energetic and engaging part-time educator to assist with field trips and group tours. The individual will support the museum’s educational mission by delivering guided tours and educational programs. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in a formal or informal education setting, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an interest in history and STEAM education. The position will have a minimum number of hours assured each week, with additional hours depending on field trip and group tour bookings.
Position Purpose / Summary: The Education Assistant Job directly supports the Education and Visitor Experience Director by facilitating field trips and group tours and supporting additional education and programming needs as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets groups, organizes activities and provides supplemental information for field trips and group tours.
- Leads guided tours of the museum exhibits and historic lake freighter and tugboat, with customized tours for different audiences.
- Supports program development and bookings for field trips.
- Supports other museum programs and events as assigned.
Working Hours and Environment:
- Work hours will typically take place between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM on weekdays, with occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Requires the ability to climb stairs and lead groups through our historic lake freighter and tugboat, working outdoors, even in inclement weather.
Salary range: $15/hour
Job classification: Hourly, part-time
To apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and 3 references to [email protected] by March 12, 2023. No phone calls. For more information, visit https://nmgl.org/employment-opportunities/.
Posted: February 23, 2023
Deadline: March 12, 2023