National Veterans Memorial and Museum seeks a Guest Experience Associate.
Position Overview: As a member of the Guest Experience team, the Guest Experience Associate provides a variety of ticket services at the NVMM welcome desk. This includes facilitating ticket sales and entry into the museum, engaging, and interacting with guests, providing exceptional customer service. This position reports directly to the Guest Experience Supervisor.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell tickets to guests in a professional and courteous manner while al so providing exceptional customer service and responding to guest inquiries
- Provide accurate information about the acquisition and usage of NVMM tickets.
- Assist guests who have reserved their tickets in advance, either online or via group sales.
- Adhere to all NVMM policies, procedures, operating systems and standards.
- Provide information to guests regarding services offered by NVMM. These services may include but are not limited to: parking, tours, retail and concessions, programming, and membership.
- Accurately and empathetically answer guest questions or concerns promptly by efficiently utilizing information provided during training.
- Actively listen to guest feedback regarding NVMM and its exhibitions, programming, and offerings Respond to guests with care and reflection, and filter feedback to NVMM management.
- Provide support to other departments as needed, when assigned by the Guest Experience Supervisors These may include but are not limited to: Special Events, Membership, and Advancement.
- Attend meetings and job-specific training for Guest Experience personnel as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Guest Experience Supervisors.
In the performance of their major duties and responsibilities, all employees of the organization are expected to fulfill the following:
- Gain a general understanding of United States Veterans
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, constituents, and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently, while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Previous box office, admissions or other guest service experience at a museum, attraction, or live entertainment venue is preferred.
- This is a part-time position with daytime and occasional special event hours, including weekends and holidays. Schedule is flexible based on staffing needs and employee availability.
- Strong listener with highly effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to interact with persons of diverse jobs, backgrounds, and personalities
- Strong mathematical skills, excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Extremely personable and polite, comfortable, and friendly while interacting with the public
- Ability to recognize the importance of responsibility, authority, and accountability
Guest Experience Associates are regularly scheduled to work shifts (min. 4 hours) during the museum’s operating hours (Wednesday - Sunday, 10am - 5pm). Schedules are flexible based on staffing needs and employee availability.
Salary range: 14.50/hr
Job classification: part-time
To apply: For consideration, please click on the link provided. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Only selected qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. https://nationalvmm.applytojob.com/apply/3V00dokvna/Guest-Experience-Associate?source=Our%20Career%20Page%20Widget. Deadline to apply is January 20, 2023.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The NVMM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or military veteran status.
Posted: January 12, 2023
Deadline: January 20, 2023