National Veterans Memorial and Museum seeks a Visitor Services Associate.
The National Veterans Memorial and Museum (NVMM) in Columbus, Ohio represents a national initiative of profound importance for our nation's 20+ million living veterans. There was previously no single monument or museum dedicated to the veteran's experience in the US today. With 30,000 square feet available for exhibit space, this new institution celebrates the service and honors the sacrifice of veterans throughout history. Envisioned by the late Senator John Glenn (1921-2016), Colonel, USMC (Retired), as a gathering place for veterans across the country. The museum opened to the public on October 27, 2018. NVM M presents the veteran experience through the lens of personal stories and life-changing experiences from which visitors will be inspired to learn more about our country's history and actively engage in their own communities as informed citizens.
Position Overview: As a member of the Visitor Services team, the Visitor Services Associate provides a variety of ticket services at the NVMM welcome desk. This includes facilitating ticket sales and entry into the museum, engaging and interacting with visitors, providing exceptional customer service. This position reports directly to the Ticket Operations Coordinator.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell tickets to visitors in a professional and courteous manner while also providing exceptional customer service and responding to visitor inquiries.
- Provide accurate information about the acquisition and usage of NVMM tickets.
- Assist visitors who have reserved their tickets in advance, either online or via group sales.
- Adhere to all NVMM policies, procedures, operating systems and standards.
- Provide information to visitors regarding services offered by NVMM. These services may include but are not limited to: parking, tours, retail and concessions, programming, and membership.
- Accurately and empathetically answer visitor questions or concerns promptly by efficiently utilizing information provided during training.
- Actively listen to visitor feedback regarding NVMM and its exhibitions, programming, and offerings. Respond to visitors with care and reflection, and filter feedback to NVMM management.
- Provide support to other departments as needed, when assigned by the Visitor Services Supervisors. These may include but are not limited to: Special Events, Membership, and Advancement.
- Attend meetings and job-specific training for Visitor Services personnel as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Visitor Services Supervisors.
- Previous box office, admissions or other visitor service experience at a museum, attraction, or live entertainment venue is preferred.
- This is a part-time position with daytime hours, including weekends and holidays. Schedule is flexible based on staffing needs and employee availability.
- Strong listener with highly effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to interact with persons of diverse jobs, backgrounds, and personalities.
- Strong mathematical skills, excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Extremely personable and polite, comfortable and friendly while interacting with the public.
- Ability to recognize the importance of responsibility, authority, and accountability.
Salary range: This is a part-time position earning $10.50 per hour. Box Office Associates are regularly scheduled to work shifts (min. 4 hours) during the museum's operating hours (Wednesday - Sunday, 10am - 5pm). Schedules are flexible based on staffing needs and employee availability.
Job classification: Hourly, part-time
To apply: Please visit www.nationalvmm.org/about/jobs for more information. Deadline to apply is June 15, 2019. For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] . Please be sure to include the title of the position, in the subject of the email. No phone calls will be accepted. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: May 15, 2019
Deadline: June 15, 2019