North Canton Heritage Society seeks a Collections Intern.
The North Canton Heritage Society is seeking an intern for Summer 2019. The intern will gain hands-on collections management and cataloging experience. Internships are open to undergraduate and graduate students in History, Museum Studies, or a related humanities field. The intern will be supervised by the NCHS Director, who will provide the necessary training and materials.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Amanda Sedlak-Hevener, Executive Director, at [email protected] by May 1, 2019.
- Cataloging photographs in our collections management system (PastPerfect) according to NCHS guidelines
- Updating records in PastPerfect
- Handling archival photos
- Numbering accessioned objects according to NCHS guidelines
- Conducting a collections inventory according to NCHS guidelines
- Digitizing objects according to NCHS guidelines
Schedule: 12 hours/week (minimum of 200 hours total)
- Current undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program
- Completed coursework in history, museum studies, and/or related humanities fields
- Comfortable with computers and technology
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Willingness to comply with NCHS policies
- Interest in local history
- Knowledge of museum collections management practices
- Experience with collections databases
- Experience handling museum objects
Contact: Amanda Sedlak-Hevener, Executive Director, [email protected], (330) 494-4791
Salary Range: Unpaid (college credit)
Job Classification: Internship, part-time, seasonal, temporary
To apply: Please send your resume and cover to [email protected]. Deadline for applications is May 1, 2019. For more information, visit https://northcantonheritage.org.
Posted: March 14, 2019
Deadline: May 1, 2019