Ohio Glass Museum seeks a Museum Administrator.
The Museum Administrator is responsible for planning, organizing coordinating operational, administrative, financial disciplines, fundraising and programmatic aspects of the Ohio Glass Museum as directed by its Board of Directors. Salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the operations and administration of OGM are following Board policies
- Collaborate with the Board, staff and volunteers in carrying out OGM’s mission
- Responsible for welcoming visitors, coordinating meetings, appointment, and
- directing various administrative projects
- Maintain the financial operations of OGM on a daily basis; assist in the development of annual operating budget with direction from the Finance Committee
- Plan and direct the maintenance and preservation of the museum
- Manage paid staff, volunteers and interns
- Assist Marketing Director with the implementation of marketing strategies, fundraising events, and educational events.
- Provide leadership for volunteer committees responsible for public programming
- Cultivate professional relationships with community leaders and organizations for the purpose of increased awareness of and involvement in OGM
- Assist Director of Archives with the care for museum collections
- Provide assistance with exhibitions in collaboration with Museum Art Director and volunteer committees
- Contribute to the writing and contents of the OGM Quarterly newsletter under the direction of the Director of marketing
- Serve as member of all committees and attend their meetings
- Serve as museum docent or receptionist, if needed in case of emergency
- Have a willingness to be hands-on in all areas make sure activities or programs are done thoroughly and to the best result for OGM
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as the job demands
Education and Work Experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for glass and the history and science behind the process
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and to carry out projects to completion
Salary range: $35,000 - $40,000
Job classification: Salary
To apply: Send your resume to [email protected]. Job would be Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one hour for lunch. Salary to be commensurate with education and experience. Requires excellent computer skills. Deadline to apply is January 24, 2024. For more information, visit www.ohioglassmuseum.org.
Posted: January 9, 2024
Deadline: January 24, 2024