Pro Football Hall of Fame seeks a Registrar.
General Description of Duties:
- (25% of Duties) Responsible for the accession and registration procedures for all new donations and loans
- (20% of Duties) Completes and maintains all legal documentation and condition reporting for historic artifacts including accessions and incoming and outgoing loans. Also tracks and records all artifact movements and condition changes
- (15% of Duties) Responsible for the safe storage, movement and housing of all new historic artifacts
- (10% of Duties) Supervises Collections interns and volunteers
- (10% of Duties) Assists in the installation and maintenance of new exhibits and displays at the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- (10% of Duties) Responsible for proper risk management and disaster planning policies and procedures for all historic artifacts
- (10% of Duties) Assists and supports objectives and mission of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and performs other tasks as assigned
- The Pro Football Hall of Fame has achieved Accreditation by the American Alliance of Museums (AAM). The Registrar position will support the Hall of Fame in fulfilling the AAM’s “Core Standards for Museums” in part of our effort to achieve a “Continuum of Excellence” necessary for Accreditation.
- Follows the procedures and standards stated in the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Collections Policy
- Responsible for all aspects of registration and documentation of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s historic artifact collection including acknowledging donors and completing the legal transfer of new acquisitions
- Assists Curator and Museum Services Department in the stewardship of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s historic artifact collection
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the accession and documentation records of the Pro Football Hall of Fame historic artifact collection
- Register all incoming and outgoing loans of artifacts
- Monitors the physical condition and movement of artifacts
- Performs and supervises periodic inventories of the historic artifact collection as stated in accordance with the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Collections Policy
- Continue to study and grow in the knowledge of professional collections care, museum registration standards and the history of professional football
- Maintain a knowledge and familiarity of current events in professional football
Education, Work Experience and Personal Qualifications Required or Preferred
- Maintain and improve the care of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s historic artifacts collection
- Ensure all historic artifacts are legally documented and entered into the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s collections database
- Add images of every artifact in the collection to the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s collections database
- Ensure all new donations are registered in a timely manner
- Degrees: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Museum Studies required
- Preferred area of concentration: Museums
- One to three years (3) experience in collections care and artifact registration required
- Database experience
- Ability to multi-task and think critically in a busy work environment
- Able to creatively and effectively problem solve
- Up-to-date knowledge of copyright laws and other legal issues related to museum operations.
- Ability to strategically organize, process, and maintain records; identify inefficient/ineffective processes; and implement improvements.
- Attention to detail, well organized, positive attitude and self-motivated
- Experience in managing projects from inception to completion
- Thorough knowledge of current registration practices and principles and a clear understanding of museum standards and protocols.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to exercise tact, respect and diplomacy at all times with a wide variety people
- Ability to work well under pressure and with conflicting demands.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team dynamic and accept supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments.
- Willingness to grow professionally
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Office Programs
- Interest in professional football’s past and present and a passion for preservation and public service
- Willingness to delegate, supervise and utilize volunteers and interns and accommodate to their needs
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of staff and professional colleagues.
- Impeccable honesty and integrity
- Willingness to perform physical labor
Salary range: $35,000 - $45,000 Annually. Full benefits (health, 401k, vacation)
Job classification: Full-time
To apply: Please mail a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Pro Football Hall of Fame
2121 George Halas Dr. NW
Canton, OH 44708
Deadline to apply is February 28, 2020. For more information, visit www.profootballhof.com.
Posted: January 15, 2020
Deadline: February 28, 2020