The Trumbull County Historical Society seeks a Part-Time Collections Manager.
The Trumbull County Historical Society seeks to hire a part-time Collections Manager to assist with a grant-funded collections cataloging, rehousing, and data entry project. This position is for 20 hours a week. Compensation is set at $13/hour.
- Act as an advocate/liaison for the Trumbull County Historical Society and the surrounding community
- Create inventories for a variety of museum artifact collections, photograph artifacts, and maintain best practices for standards of object care
- Create entries in CatalogIt, TCHS’s collections management software, and participate in CatalogIt trainings
- Assist with a large-scale collections move and with the creation and organization of collections storage spaces
- Participate in museum webinars and trainings related to best practices in collections management
- Participate in conversations with a grant-funded collections conservator and utilize TCHS resources to conduct object research as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- Bachelor’s degree in History, Museum Studies , or a related field.Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to develop strong, positive relationships with visitors and community partners
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Positive attitude
- Strong professional ethics
Salary range: $13/hr
Job classification: Grant-funded, part-time
To apply: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume to TCHS Director Meghan Reed via email: [email protected].
Walk-ins and phone calls will not be accepted. Trumbull County Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, visit https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BJA0CRJQTLv9XhKYfZ0dgAzjqoH5x__B/view?usp=sharing.
Posted: August 21, 2020