The Western Reserve Historical Society seeks an Associate Program Director.
This position is responsible to the Director of Hale Farm & Village for the development and successful implementation of all education & public programs presented by Hale Farm & Village to public and school-based audiences, both on and off site.
This position is responsible for the supervision of full-time education and programming staff, part time museum educators and volunteers.
- Work's with all HFV staff responsible for the implementation and promotion of HFV strategic and operational initiatives, specifically regarding educational and public programs.
- Coordinates operational site needs with the Director of Hale Farm & Village, Maintenance Lead, Marketing, Development, Business Office and Sales Managers.
- Contributes to and participates in collaborative efforts between HFV and community partners. Offers ideas and suggestions for improving and expanding these opportunities.
- Manages and provides direction of HFV’s daily and special programs for general audiences, including special events, as well as K-12 programming.
- Works on collegial basis with HFV professional staff in various departments to develop and implement creative and dynamic educational experiences.
- Manages educational program bookings for on-site, outreach programs and special programs.
- Implements HFV’s yearly public event schedule.
- Manages full and part time education and programming staff.
- Recruits, trains and evaluates all museum educators.
- In conjunction with the Director of Hale Farm & Village, insures and maintains the highest standards of quality for educational programs presented by Hale Farm & Village.
- Supports income generation initiatives by identifying and recommending educational programs and activities based on the strengths of HFV that will contribute to the financial success of WRHS.
- Plans, orders and maintains materials and supplies needed for Hale Farm & Village program department, and is responsible for the timely and thorough submission of paperwork to supervisor and the business office.
- Supports and contributes ideas and information to the Marketing Manager for additions to the HFV section of the WRHS web site to ensure that the HFV Educational program information is consistently current, contains accurate information, and is used to the fullest extent possible to promote access to and use of the educational programs as well as to generate income.
- Coordinates and schedules all Outreach programs for HFV.
- Serves on WRHS committees and community outreach, as assigned.
- Undertakes other specific duties as assigned by the Director of Hale Farm & Village.
- The ability to perform historic research to supplement new and existing programs is essential to the success of this position. Ability to prepare and manage a budget is essential.The ability to communicate effectively with others, manage details, maintain stability under pressure, and have the flexibility to handle multiple tasks is highly desirable.
- The incumbent must possess an undergraduate degree in history, museum studies or related field.
- 1-3 years museum management, educational and/or interpretative experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, positive demeanor, confidentiality, and reliability are crucial to the success of this position. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to assist with and manage the periodic weekend and evening program needs of HFV.
Salary range: $42,000 to $45,000
Job classification: This position is classified as full-time professional and is non- exempt with regard to overtime compensation.
To apply: If interested, email your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Dukes, HR Manager at [email protected].
Posted: February 12, 2024