Western Reserve Historical Society seeks a Grants Manager.
The Grants Manager is responsible to the Senior Vice President of Advancement for all foundation and corporate giving to WRHS. This position is classified as full-time professional and is exempt from overtime compensation.
Supervision: WRHS Advancement interns and volunteers
- Works with the Senior Vice President of Advancement, the President, and WRHS Staff Directors to develop an aggressive foundation, corporate and government grant calendar to support operations and special projects and programs.
- Personally participate in solicitations to all foundations and corporate donors and maintain contact with key foundation and corporate personnel through the grant/sponsorship/giving process.
- Develop prospect research for local, state and national foundation prospects.
- Establish and administer fund raising and cultivation programs including plans and proposals in the following areas: grants to foundations, annual fund giving from foundations (community and corporate) and the areas related to foundation and corporate relations for special events and programs.
- Assist Advancement Staff with special events including fundraising events and donor cultivation events.
- Monitor the activities of the foundation and corporate grants/sponsorship calendar to ensure that all deadlines are met, and to track the status of requests and stewardship requirements for all grants made to WRHS.
- Maintain associations with a variety of professional organizations to remain current on professional matters in the museum and non-profit fund-raising fields and to advance the mission and interests of WRHS
- Perform other special Advancement tasks as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Advancement.
Qualifications: The Grants Manager is a professional position of the Western Reserve Historical Society that requires professional experience and achievement, unquestioned personal integrity and creativity. Educational requirements include an undergraduate degree in a related field. Professional experience should include at least three (3) years of Advancement work with a non-profit organization, preferably a museum or other cultural non-profit organization. Strong working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software is required. Prior experience with Cuyahoga and Summit County foundations is preferred. The ability to communicate effectively and consistently in a small team atmosphere is crucial. The ability to work independently and meet a continuing series of goals-oriented deadlines is essential.
Salary range: $45,000-$50,000
Job classification: Full-time
To apply: Email your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Dukes, HR Manager at [email protected]. Deadline to apply is March 5, 2024. For more information www.wrhs.org/employment.
Posted: February 12, 2024
Deadline: March 5, 2024