The Western Reserve Historical Society seeks a Marketing Manager, Cleveland History Center.
Responsibility: Reports to Director, Cleveland History Center; Responsible to drive attendance and membership sales to the Cleveland History Center
Classification: This position is classified as full-time, professional and is exempt from overtime compensation
Coordination: Works closely with all areas within WRHS and associated with WRHS, including as needed, with the Board of Trustees, auxiliary groups, vendors, the news media, and the public. Collaborate with the Marketing Manager at Hale Farm & Village, the Advancement team, and the Leadership team to increase awareness and positive perceptions of WRHS and the Cleveland History Center, sell more memberships, and ultimately increase attendance at the CHC.
Communications & Media Relations – effectiveness measured by admission results and earned media results
- Drafts news releases, marketing plans, and media outreach plans for events, exhibits, and sustained messaging.
- Proactively pitches media outlets and journalists.
- Responds to media inquiries and filters requests for interview, data, photos, etc. to the appropriate staff members.
- Effectively steward media relationships with prompt response time, follow through, and follow up including thank you’s.
- Effectively analyzes the success of PR and communications efforts through event marketing reports and sharing reports in a timely fashion.
- Actively participates in special events sponsored by or at the Cleveland History Center.
Marketing material and Brand Alignment for the Cleveland History Center
- Implements a CHC style guide and work with team to ensure alignment to the guide creating brand consistency.
- Creates and implements annual marketing plan and budget that follows the program and events plan for the Cleveland History Center.
- Evaluate marketing opportunities and efforts to develop recommendations based on data and research.
- Manages the production schedule, design, display, and distribution of marketing materials such brochures, rack cards, advertisements, and direct mail promotional pieces. (Either by outside graphic designer or the Marketing Manager themselves.)
- Coordinate photographic documentation of all CHC exhibits, special events, public programs, and special projects.
- Collect, report and analyze metrics for all marketing initiatives including websites, and refine plans accordingly. The focus is on cost effectively increasing attendance at the CHC and selling more memberships.
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop content.
- Maintain a repository of brand assets and messaging
- Other projects with the goal of generating attendance and membership sales.
Digital Marketing and Engagement – effectiveness measured by web and email analytics, social media analytics and online membership sales and ultimately attendance at the CHC
- Drives an active and responsive social media presence for the Cleveland History Center on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram through strategic content around events, exhibits, and collections.
- Develops and places optimized online content for upcoming events, exhibits, collections, and departments for the WRHS website.
- Responsible to optimize web presence through SEO and/or PPC.
- Maintains online presence and digital communication consistent with CHC brand to drive visibility and museum attendance.
- Manages online ticketing system and provides timely updates to event staff in regards to ticket sales, online activity, etc.
- Works closely with departments and event staff to create content and design elements for the eblasts outlined in an email marketing schedule.
- Manages the updates to online community calendars by providing approved content and links. Ensure information is consistent, current, and accurate.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or Marketing. 5-7 years of experience. Non-profit or event-driven marketing experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills. Experience writing engaging and effective marketing copy.
- Proven success implementing integrated direct response campaigns across social media sites, a website, traditional media vehicles with PR/media relations to generate measurable results such as membership sales and/or traffic to an event for an organization.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including proficiency with excel, Google Analytics, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop).
- Demonstrated ability at simultaneously handling multiple tasks, meeting deadlines and budgets.
- A self-starter and a team-player.
- Creative and curious.
Salary range: $45,000 per year
Job classification: Full-time
To apply: Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to Angie Lowrie at [email protected]. For more information, visit www.wrhs.org/about/employment.
Posted: April 23, 2021