April 2018 #OHMuseumChat Resources –Connecting to School Curricula
The Ohio Museums Association (@OhioMuseums) held our April #OHMuseumChat - Thursday, April 19 on Twitter. Thank you to all the individuals and organizations that participated in this conversation!
Many thanks to those who tweeted with us during our April chat!
For February's topic we discussed Connecting to School Curricula.
Have questions you didn't have a chance to ask during the chat?
Be sure to reach out via twitter with #OHMuseumChat!
Weren't able to make it to this month's chat, but want to stay in the loop on the great conversation with other museum professionals? We have you covered! You can find a storify with details from the April #OHMuseumChat here.
There were many resources referenced during this month's chat. Those and more and listed below.
- American Alliance of Museums
- American Association for State and Local History
- Inkwell Blog Posts
“Remaining Relevant in the Face of a Changing Curriculum,” by: John Buchinger. February 12, 2013.
“The Future of Education: The Role of Museums and Historical Organizations,” by: Megan Wood. February 24, 2015.
- Broadside Blog Post
“Unique Curriculum Based Solidly on Local History,” by: Morrison County Historical Society. September 15, 2014.
- Technical Leaflet
“Designing Education Programs that Connect Students to Collections,” by: Jody Blakenship, Mike Deetsch, Stacia Kuceyeski, and Megan Wood. Spring 2011.
- Association of Science – Technology Centers
- The Grant Helpers
- Great Lakes Colleges Association Museums
- Teach Visual – an initiative of DePauw College, Oberlin College, and The College of Wooster academic museums/galleries. A centralized web repository and portal that shares best practices for object-based learning in a higher education, liberal arts context. TEACH VISUAL was developed by faculty and museum staff, and contains contributions that focus on collaborative teaching and learning across disciplines. It includes teaching resources such as syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and other pedagogical tools for object-based learning.
- Museum Questions
- Ohio Arts Council
- Taylor Francis Online
- Toledo Museum of Art
Thanks again for a fantastic April chat! We hope you can join us for our May #OHMuseumChat, Thursday, May 17 as we discuss "Non-environmental Disasters."
Have a great topic for an upcoming chat? Drop us a line at [email protected] or tweet @OhioMuseums and let us know!