March 2017 #OHMuseumChat Resources - Museum Safety and Security
The Ohio Museums Association (@OhioMuseums) and our partner EWC Media (@ewc_media) held our March ?#?OHMuseumChat - Thursday, March 16 on Twitter. Thank you to all the individuals and organizations that participated in this conversation!
For February's topic, we discussed Museum Safety and Security.
Many thanks to our special guest panelists Andrew Mizsak from the Cultural Sites Advocacy Group - @AndrewMizsak and James Aubin from the Cincinnati Museum Center - @jim_aubin.
Have questions for our panelists you didn't have a chance to ask during the chat? Be sure to reach out to them via twitter with #?OHMuseumChat!
Weren't able to make it to this month's chat, but want to stay in the loop on the great conversation with other museum professionals? We have you covered! You can find a summary from March's #?OHMuseumChat here.
There were many resources referenced during this month's chat. Those and more are listed below:
American Alliance of Museums
American Association for State and Local History
- Technical Leaflet: Closing the Barn Door: Dealing with Security Issues. By: Stevan P. Layne, CPP, CIPM. Fall 2002. http://resource.aaslh.org/view/closing-the-barn-door-dealing-with-security-issues/
- Blog, Accidents Will Happen. June 26, 2012. http://blogs.aaslh.org/accidents-will-happen/
- Publication: Museum Handbook, Part I: Museum Collections. By: Museum Management Program, National Park Service. Republished in 1990. http://resource.aaslh.org/view/museum-handbook-part-i-museum-collections/
- Technical Leaflet: An Ounce of Prevention – Worth More Than A Pound. By: Stevan P. Layne, CPP, CIPM. Winter 2011. http://resource.aaslh.org/view/an-ounce-of-prevention-worth-more-than-a-pound/
- Book, Organizational Magagement (Small Museum Toolkit, Book 3). Edited by: Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko and Stacy Klingler. April 2013. http://resource.aaslh.org/view/organizational-management-small-museum-toolkit-book-3/
- Book, Preventative Conservation for Historic House Museums. By Jane Merritt and Julie A. Reilly. January 2010. http://resource.aaslh.org/view/preventive-conservation-for-historic-house-museums/
Apollo – The International Art Magazine
Association of Art Museum Directors
Association of Science and Technology Centers
Institute of Museum and Library Services
International Council of Museums
International Foundation for Protection Officers
Museum Association Security Committee
Museum Security Network
Security Commission of the Confederation of Fire Protection Association Europe
Thanks again for a fantastic March chat! We hope you can join us for our April #?OHMuseumChat, Thursday, April 20 at noon!
Have a great topic for an upcoming chat? Drop us a line at [email protected] or tweet @OhioMuseums and let us know!