May 2019 #OHMuseumChat Resources –Building Partnerships: Museums and Schools
The Ohio Museums Association (@OhioMuseums) held our May #OHMuseumChat - Thursday, May 16 on Twitter. Thank you to all the individuals and organizations that participated in this conversation!
For May's topic we discussed Building Partnerships: Museums and Schools.
Many thanks to those who tweeted with us during our May chat!
Have questions you didn't have a chance to ask during the chat?
Be sure to reach out via twitter with #OHMuseumChat!
Weren't able to make it to this month's chat, but want to stay in the loop on the great conversation with other museum professionals? We have you covered! You can find a summary with details from the May #OHMuseumChat here.
Below are resources related to this month's chat topic, "Building Partnerships: Museums and Schools"
American Alliance of Museums
- Book. An Alliance of Spirit: Museum and School Partnerships, by Kim Fortney and Beverly Sheppard. May 7, 2010.
- Articles on Education and Interpretation
- School and Educator Programs resources
- Museums and P-12 Education resources
- Blog. “Top Ten Takeaways from the Museums & Schools: The LA Convening,” by Sage Morgan Hubbard. January 3, 2018.
- Blog. “Learning through Play: Exhibition Developers and PreK-12 School Partnerships,” by Elizabeth Merritt. March 10, 2016.
- Blog. “From a Teacher: How to make your museum field trips ones to remember for students and staff,” by Claudia Bartow. February 28, 2019.
- Blog. “What makes K-12 public school educators choose to use a museum as part of their curriculum?” by Amber Geary. August 8, 2018.
- Blog. “Meeting Teachers Where They Are,” by Meg Davis. Jun 13, 2018.
- Blog. “The power of evaluation: Assessing how museum experiences influence classroom practice at the Monticello Teacher Institute,” by Lora Cooper. January 23, 2018.
- Blog. “Giving school groups a place to sit – Tips for Creating Museum Field Experiences from a Teacher’s Perpsective,” by Lisa M. Thayne. October 6, 2017.
American Association for State and Local History
American Museum of Natural History
Association of Art Museum Directors
Association of Science and Technology Centers
University of North Texas
U.S. Department of Education
Thanks again for a fantastic May chat! We hope you can join us for our June #OHMuseumChat, Thursday, June 20 as we discuss "Making Museum Visits Accessible and Affordable."
Have a great topic for an upcoming chat? Drop us a line at [email protected] or tweet @OhioMuseums and let us know!