October 2017 #OHMuseumChat Resources – Promoting Your Collections
The Ohio Museums Association (@OhioMuseums) held our October #OHMuseumChat - Thursday, October 19 on Twitter. Thank you to all the individuals and organizations that participated in this conversation!
For October’s topic we discussed Promoting Your Collections.
Many thanks to our special guest panelists Jennifer Cohen from Poba: Where the Arts Live - @POBAorg, Cameron Wood from the Ohio History Connection - @CamJWood and Midwest representative to AAM’s Curator Committee, Members of the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force Collection Management and Research Division teams - @AFMuseum.
Have questions for our panelists you didn't have a chance to ask during the chat?
Be sure to reach out to them via twitter with #OHMuseumChat!
Weren't able to make it to this month's chat, but want to stay in the loop on the great conversation with other museum professionals? We have you covered! You can find a summary from October’s #OHMuseumChat here.
Those resources referenced during this month's chat and more are listed below:
- American Alliance of Museums
- American Association for State and Local History
- Technical Leaflet. Designing Education Programs that Connect Students to Collections., By: Jody Blakenship, Mike Deetsch, Stacia Kuceyeski and Megan Wood. 2011
- Connecting to Collections Webinar. “Sharing Public History Work: Crowdsourcing Data,” by Sharon Leon, Ben Brumfield. June 14, 2012
- History News Article “Telling Historical Stories with Objects in the Starring Role,” by: Trevor Jones. Spring 2014, Columbus 69, #2 (pages 23-26).
- Blog post, “Out of Storage and into the Classroom: Enriching the Curriculum with a Campus Archive,” by: Samantha Sauer, and Jenny Barker-Devine. August 15, 2017.
- Blog post, “’Rethinking the Rembrandt Rule’ Meets the Real World,” author unknown. November 1, 2012.
- Association of College & Research Libraries
- Council on Library and Information Resources
- Ohio Museums Association
- POBA – Where the Arts Live
Thanks again for a fantastic October chat! We hope you can join us for our November #OHMuseumChat, Thursday, November 16 at noon as we discuss Setting Professional Goals!
Have a great topic for an upcoming chat? Drop us a line at [email protected] or tweet @OhioMuseums and let us know!